Creating Player issue

zeos101

Code:
I have followed the adventure tutorial however when I test the game the player is never displayed on the screen.

I am on the latest ver of the software, all the graphics i make display on the screen except the player any ideas?

This is a sprite I found on the net imported in pixel edit corrected the colors save as game objects, created a new monster plate named hero

I am sure I have these steps out of order but did in line with the video, I even started from scratch for jsut the player graphic still not displayed om screen

I have a thought is the background color of this tile the issue?

Attachments

• big_momma.png
    big_momma.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 3,127

zeos101

Ok found out it is indeed the color of the back ground or some combo of colors, I used a provided sprite and it showed at least some of the graphic so new question

If I try to import graphics what are the rules to follow for monsters and the hero?

I have had no issue with back ground objects what so ever

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    153.5 KB · Views: 3,122

Dirk

You can only have 1 palette for a tile (16*16 pixel), so 3 colours + 1 that will be transparent.
Your character has too many colours. There is a technique to layer sprites so you could have 3+3 colours, but you'll run into other problems (fewer sprites you can use for enemies, hitting the 8 sprites per line limit sooner).
So, reduce the colour to 3. Check with "bad pixels" button in the Pixel editor if there are still bad pixels.

You can have a look at this example for a 3 colour version of your character. Also notice I removed mirrored versions and parts that were double, because you can add those tiles in the animation manager and flip them horizontally and vertically however you need them.

1541877222868_example.png

zeos101

Thats the funny thing when I import the sprite I change the colors to only 3 with black as the first for transparent in the pixel edit and check for bad pixels none are shown

Then save as game object but its still not shown, Is the first position of the 4 the transparency one? Is it ok to make it black?

I just dont understand here is an example I have a blank back ground this is a provided sprite can you enplane how to correct please, It looks like there is a hole in the middle of the player

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    191.2 KB · Views: 3,087
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 3,087
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    138.1 KB · Views: 3,087

Dirk

Can you check each frame of each of your animations again? And before that restart NESmaker, or at least click on something other than "Player" in the tree view, like "palettes", and then click again on "Player".
Sometimes changes don't get saved, so this will refresh the view.

It looks like the lower part of your front view is comprised of the side view of the walking animation.
Try reassigning the correct tiles and refresh the view again by clicking on something in the tree view.

Hopefully it helps.

Ah, yes, the first colour is the transparent one and you can use black.

Top Bottom