My anti virus just decided to delete the NesMaker.exe

just out of the blue, I've been playing with it for days now and all the sudden my anti virus pops up while I'm loading and saving graphics assets. It says it detected a PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic and deleted The NesMaker.exe, and then restored some stuff...not sure what exactly happened.

I'm not really sure what to do to fix this, I guess I have to start my project over and figure out how to make my anti-virus leave NesMaker alone?

[Edit] I was able to restore the NesMaker.exe and I added the main NesMaker folder to my anti virus exclusions. Will that work for preventing this from happening again or do I need to add exclusions to anything else like stuff inside the folder?

So I just woke up and turned on my computer and the NesMaker.exe is missing again, theres no report in my antivirus this time. Theres nothing to restore in my anti virus quarantine this time. NesMaker.exe is just gone.

Kaspersky, I think I fixed it and I think I know why it happened. The kind of trojan it thought it was detecting is a trojan that specifically modifies and copies stuff on your computer, and Nesmaker modifies and copies stuff on your computer in the NesMaker folders. I replaced the .exe and I think I excluded it properly this time.

Top Bottom