Music Import Problems [Solved]

JeffPack

So a few destructive things happen to my famitracker song when I try to import the text file into NESMaker:

1) All pitch bending and tremolo disappears.
2) Changing the pulse length with Vxx does nothing
3) Triangle wave bass line disappears
4) Bxx to skip to frame does nothing

... so this pretty much destroys all of my work this morning.
I'm guessing there are nuances and limitations to the NESMaker sound engine that aren't documented.

Seriously... any official help I could get on this would be much appreciated.

:shock: :x

JeffPack

Very interesting... thanks for the link! Sorry this is kind of a repeat.

One thing though... this really doesn't explain why my triangle channel track literally disappears. I used it as as the bass track. Is there a low note threshold that is higher than what Famitracker supports?

CutterCross

JeffPack said:

One thing though... this really doesn't explain why my triangle channel track literally disappears. I used it as as the bass track. Is there a low note threshold that is higher than what Famitracker supports?
I don't really know a definitive answer to that one, since I've never encountered it myself. It might have something to do with if your songs' tempo settings aren't set at 150 bpm, since that can cause some weird glitches with the NES playing back the music. Or it might be because you possibly forgot to set a volume envelope for your triangle instruments?

JeffPack

CutterCross said:
JeffPack said:

I don't really know a definitive answer to that one, since I've never encountered it myself. It might have something to do with if your songs' tempo settings aren't set at 150 bpm, since that can cause some weird glitches with the NES playing back the music. Or it might be because you possibly forgot to set a volume envelope for your triangle instruments?

Ok maybe so ... Looks like I'm gonna have to rewrite the song anyway so I'll run some tests before I go all in. I probably should have done that to begin with. :(

But thanks for the help. If I find any reproducible reason as to why the triangle channel is missing I'll be sure to post about it.

JeffPack

So my song works now ... albeit much cheaper sounding than it was

Now my sfx won't stop playing the ending note even though I have a stop note at the end. Anyone else run into this?

JeffPack

JeffPack said:
So my song works now ... albeit much cheaper sounding than it was

Now my sfx won't stop playing the ending note even though I have a stop note at the end. Anyone else run into this?

Nevermind... realized my ending note needed to be an instrument that ends with the volume envelope at zero

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes! As of right now, SFX need to end in a null note or note stop, otherwise that channel will get in a loop.

Famitracker -> NES is still sort of a band aid solution while we're working on our music composition tools. :)

JeffPack

TheNew8bitHeroes said:
Yes! As of right now, SFX need to end in a null note or note stop, otherwise that channel will get in a loop.

Famitracker -> NES is still sort of a band aid solution while we're working on our music composition tools. :)

This is really encouraging to hear. And I look forward to it!!

Top Bottom