Idle animation after jump

Having trouble compiling code? Getting an unexpected error? Player not appearing on screen? Seeking answers on how to do a particular thing? This is the forum you're looking for, to ask other NESmaker users for assistance.
hairycarrot

Re: Idle animation after jump

Post by hairycarrot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:51 am

Yes. I also have this happen most time when changing screens the animation returns to idle.
When landing while holding movement, the animation changes back to idle.

Did that landing fix work?
Nintend0Nerd

Post by Nintend0Nerd » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 am

I'm having the same issue. Did anyone ever find a definitive answer to this?
Nintend0Nerd

Post by Nintend0Nerd » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:46 pm

I tried editing the Physics_Platform_Simple.asm, but I had no luck.
Croque_Monsieur

Post by Croque_Monsieur » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:48 am

With NES Maker, I sometimes feel that whenever I set something up, some other thing breaks and when I try to fix the broken thing, a new one messes up.
I can't even program a "hello, world!", but it's a very steep learning curve, lol.
It's quite enjoyable though, but it takes loads of time to get things done. Back on the topic, yeah, with my character, setting up the walk cycle by holding a direction makes it jump and walk in the air. If I set up walking by pressing a direction, it jumps and stays in the jumping pose even after landing. Also for some reason, using the varjump thing makes it look like the infinite jump cheat on the gameshark, it's hilarious.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 am

For the input scripts, it's not very complicated, just redo the same associations that the ones from the tutorial (something you could do is, keep a nesmaker opened with the tutorial demo... and open a new one for your project. When you have a weirdness on your project, you can check how are the settings, the scripts used on the tutorial one)

For the inputs:
press "A" for simpleJump.asm
release "A" for varjump.asm
Directions:
hold "left" for startmovingplayerleft.asm
release "left" for stopmovingplayerleft.asm
hold "right" for startmovingplayerright.asm
release "right" for stopmovingplayerright.asm
(also make sure that every scripts you use have a "RTS" line, at the end)

Don't forget to set your Player's actions steps (cf how it's set for the tutorial).
It's very important, each action step corresponds to a state of the player (when he's idle, when he's walking, when he's attacking, when he's jumping, when he's climbing,...). Some of them needs to GoToFirst when ended...
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:30 am

About the "Idle" animation issue.
Have you made a modification in the Extra Controll Script ?
If not, there is some lines of code to add around the end for fix the "idle" animation in some cases. Could you share your Extra Controll Script?
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)