sprite size fixed for all animations?

Dirk

Hello, I'm setting up different animations for my player character: a walking animation, a jumping animation and an idle animation.
These are the respective dimensions (units are 8x8 pixels tiles):
  1. Walking: 3x3
  2. Jumping: 3x4
  3. Idle: 2x3

The problem is, that I can only have 1 size for all three animations so I have to choose the biggest one. This wastes space for the smaller animations and since I have to have basically empty rows and columns of tiles it might introduce flicker when enemy sprites are on screen.

So, my question: Is it possible to have animations with different sizes or am I forced to use the biggest one?

Since I'm very new to this program I might have missed it. Thanks for your help.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes, you can only use 1 size for your sprite (even some of your animations are smaller). You need to set yoru Player (or Monster/Object) to the biggest size.

Dirk

I wonder if I could repurpose the melee weapon attack. Since my character won't have a weapon I won't be using it. Everything he jumps I could show the one tile that sticks without.
That's too complicated for me for now though. I will try to get a first version running to get to know NESmaker better and when the next version gets released I'll remake my game and try to optimise it.

Top Bottom