Animation/Action/movement Timer

jeddysne

Okay, could someone please help me out? :)

I'd like my boss to move vertically on the screen before lunging out at the player and then return back to the first animation. The problem I have is that the boss is just cycling through the animations at what appears to be the same length of time. I'd like more time spent moving vertically.

I've experimented with the timer but I haven't noticed any differences in what occurs.

Thanks in advance :) and sorry if that doesn't make any sense, its early :)

And I'm using 4.0.6

dale_coop

Staff member
How did you set your action steps?
Please share screenshots of your different action steps.

jeddysne

ATTACH]

This is where it is currently.

TurtleRescueNES

It looks like your advancement is at the end of the animation. How many frames of animation are you using? If only one, then the monster is probably cycling through the steps very rapidly. Maybe use the Timer and the EndAction option instead?

jeddysne

Each step has 2 frames. And yes, it is cycling and I thought the timer would help but I guess I don't understand how to properly implement the timer. Does the timer count of seconds/minutes? Is it counting frames of animation? Is it doing something completely different?

jorotroid

As I roughly understand it, the timer is for the End Action and I'm not sure what a unit of time is, but I would say that it's probably in approximately seconds. I think it was said in a tutorial that setting it to 0 will give it a random time. End Animation is determined by how many frames your animation is and what the animation speed is set to. Your object will either use End Action or End Animation to determine what to do next, whichever one happens first.

Top Bottom