Screen wrapping

Having trouble compiling code? Getting an unexpected error? Player not appearing on screen? Seeking answers on how to do a particular thing? This is the forum you're looking for, to ask other NESmaker users for assistance.
abstractlion

Screen wrapping

Post by abstractlion » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm trying to make an arcade styled minigame and I want to make the player wrap the screen so when he gos through one end of the wall he comes through the other side . If anyone has any scripts or any info Itll be much appreciated , thank you
=ABSTRACT LION=
jorotroid

Re: Screen wrapping

Post by jorotroid » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:14 am

It's probably less about adding scripts and more about removing them. You could try making your own Handle bounds script that basically does nothing for when the player goes over horizontally (because the screen width uses the full 256 values of a byte), and I think you would have to make any object that goes too far down to jump ahead so that it loops over (because the screen height only goes for 0 to 224).
PortableAnswers

Post by PortableAnswers » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:05 pm

abstractlion wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 pm
I'm trying to make an arcade styled minigame and I want to make the player wrap the screen so when he gos through one end of the wall he comes through the other side . If anyone has any scripts or any info Itll be much appreciated , thank you
Any luck yet?
abstractlion

Post by abstractlion » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 am

I have no 6502 asm knowledge I wouldnt even know where to start .
=ABSTRACT LION=