Which files is it using?

hairycarrot

There are many .asm files which appear to have duplicate sections of code in them. How do you know which files it is using?

Is it only using the exact files listed in the script box? or does it also reference other files that aren't listed?

dale_coop

Staff member
The engine uses a lot if scrupts in the system folder.
The scripts you see in the « Project settings > Script settings » are the one related to the project (your current game). You can modify/enable/disable the scripts as you need.

Currently, there is no list of all the used scripts.

TurtleRescueNES

Only the ASM files that appear in your project's Project Settings / Script Settings. The rest are sitting there as part of a module of scripts, but may not have been imported into your game. If the script is not listed on the screen below, it is not used by your game.

Attachments

• scriptsettings.jpg
    scriptsettings.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,228

hairycarrot

Ok. Thanks. I was getting an error to HandleUpdateObjects but that wasn't on the list.

It helps to know that it's starting with the files in the list. I think also Macros isn't in the list, but that's clearly being used.

chronosv2

A lot of core engine files are imported in MainASM.asm. If it's not in te Defines list it;s probably there.
Mind sharing what error you're getting?

hairycarrot

I commented out lines to test turning off hurt flicker.
Code:
DrawSpritesForThisObjectLoop: ;cmmented 144-147 ; 150-155 caused badness
;	LDA DrawFlags ;; are we flickering?
;	BEQ noFlicker
;	LDA #$fe
;	JMP drawTileOffScreen_flicker
noFlicker:
	LDA temp2 ;; LDA the y value, not drawn off screen
drawTileOffScreen_flicker:
	STA SpriteRam,x ;; store it to the y value byte for this sprite
	INX ;; increase the index to draw to
	LDA (sprite_pointer),y  ;; load the table pointer to the tile number
	CLC
	ADC tileset_offset
I commented out noFlicker and I couldn't compile because of not finding a label.

The file it was using to draw sprites ended up being Adventure_Drawing.asm

Top Bottom