8-Direction, 4-Direaction, and Up-Down movement does NOT work.

DanielT1985

IDK if people are having this same problem, but it's getting annoying. I am wanting my enemies to move up and down, but nothing I tried seems to work. every time I do, the enemy either moves left and right, and not up and down, or it stays in place. I tried adding everything I could, I tried messing with the code, but nothing. was. working. I want to know if having enemies move up and down in the action scripts for an enemy has been disabled or something's weird about the 8-Direction, 4-Direction, and up and down scripts for monsters. Thank you.

chronosv2

Are you using the Platformer module? I've heard others talk about the movement scripts having issues there.

chronosv2

Yeah, I've heard the physics on the current platformer module cause some of the movement scripts to not work properly. It's entirely possible that a lot of the reworks in 4.1.0 might fix some of the problems we've been encountering.
Though it could also be that someone else has an idea on how to fix it -- I haven't actually worked with the platformer module because shortly after I finished my Showcase ROM I started working on Assembly tutorials and have been waiting for 4.1.0 to mess with much of NESMaker's other modules.

dale_coop

Staff member
Before diggin' more, making new scripts and/or breaking everything... we are all waiting for the 4.1.
Because a lot will be different in that version.

DanielT1985

dale_coop said:
Before diggin' more, making new scripts and/or breaking everything... we are all waiting for the 4.1.
Because a lot will be different in that version.

Alright. I might stop and hope not to break everything (And hopefully the scripts I already have in my game won't break in the update too)
When do you think it'll get released?

dale_coop

Staff member
You should keep you Project in 4.0.11
The update might be ok after some small tweaks.

No idea when will be released...

Top Bottom