Numbers in sequence of 0-3 in hud area.

Fawxen

unknown.png

So i set up a hud sprite sheet, numbers and letters included and 0,1,2, and 3 appeared in the corners of the designated hud area, even without hud elements created.
I cannot get rid of them, and when i try layering the test hud over them, 3 overlaps it.
I don't know what they're for or how to get rid of them.

1 and 2 aren't visible but are when in the hud elements editor.

Fawxen

hairycarrot said:
What does the mapping look like on the tiles tab? Is it pulling the wrong references for the box corners?

The tiles tab is the image above the HUD elements screenshot. I arranged the tiles in sequence to the list on the left of the screen.

dale_coop

Staff member
I think you just need to remap your HUD tileset: in "Hud & Boxes", on the "Tiles" tab, the list on the left is all the HUD tiles, you will see at the bottom there is elements named "_BOX_0_TL", "_BOX_0_TC", ... those corresponds to tiles displayed at the edges of the HUD. ("_BOX_0_TL" for "Top Left", "_BOX_0_TC" for "Top Center", ...)

2018-10-20-11-40-33-NES-MAKER-4-0-11-Version-0x152-JEU002-MST.png

When you select one in the list (here, for example, "_BOX_0_TL"), you can assign with tile you want to use for the "top left" corner edge of the hud box.

You need to verify each of them, and reassign if not corrects.

Fawxen

unknown.png

unknown.png

Everything seems to be in order!
I never took a look at the default assets and just jumped into making my own.

Fawxen

dale_coop said:
Seems to be correct.
And you still have a weird result during gameplay?

Not that i'm aware of!
though the bottom or top half doesn't show when the HUD area is drawn on either top or bottom of the screen.
but i'm sure there's a good reason for that and nothing bad.

dale_coop

Staff member
The 8pixels top row and the 8pixels bottom row are "cut"... on most CRT TVs, it's the overscan.
If you plan to play your game on real CRT TV, you should avoid to draw any important element in the overscan zone (the 8px top / bottom rows).
On some emulator (fceux / Mesen) you can change the value of the overscan (when you set to 0, you see the entire nes screen as designed)

Top Bottom