No matter what I do...."Error Compiling Stuff."

Bucket Mouse

Since I got my new computer earlier this week, each and every attempt to compile my NESMaker game has resulted in the error message "Error Compiling Stuff."

I thought maybe something got corrupted when the NESMaker program or data was transferred from one computer to the other. But two days of testing has proven that theory wrong. After trying new downloads of both 4.0.6 and 4.0.11, and rebuilding my game up to its earliest playable state in both....I still get that error message. "Error Compiling Stuff."

So I went directly to the Emulator folder and ran game.nes in FCEUX, cutting out the middleman. The game worked fine.

Here's the thing....there are no error messages displayed in the black pop-up. I get the all-clear there. "Error Compiling Stuff" always appears afterward, no matter if there are any actual errors. And it won't boot FCEUX because of this. I must go to the folder and manually boot my game to test it. (I tried this with Mesen too -- same result, same message.)

So....there must be some incompatibility between my exact computer setup and the NESMaker code that's causing this.The main difference between my old computer and this new one is that it has a solid state drive instead of a hard disk. Is anyone else using an SSD?

dale_coop

Staff member
Because you moved to a new pc, I think you need to check your « Project settings > Emulator » and re-set the filename/foldername might be incorrect (the old pc ones).

I've had to delete all the code in powerups/Powerup_IncreaseMoney.asm
For some reason, it doesn't recognize the money variable in the hud.

Top Bottom