My HUD tiles will NOT appear - I've tried everything

JFranco

This is kind of an odd bug, and I'm hoping it's simply something I FORGOT to initialize. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been following along the Adventure Gaming tutorial. I established the 'HUD area' very early on in my build. (It's 2 tiles high and takes up the width of the screen, for anyone wondering.)

So far, I've designed a few screens, added a few monsters, a main player, some music. The game starts and tests just fine. When I go to create my HUD, I add the HUD .bmp from the Adventure Module (as instructed by the tutorial), save in my GraphicsAssets folder, and NOTHING appears in my HUD dev window -- just an all black tileset with no characters or anything -- a completely blank tileset. Did I do something incorrectly?

I even verified, via Project Settings -> Tilesets, that my HUD tileset was pointing to the CORRECT bmp in the CORRECT folder. Still... no dice.

Thanks in advance!

JFranco

dale_coop

Staff member
Did you set your "HUD Elements" tab, the element to display?
Can you share some screenshots?

JFranco

So...for reasons I can't really explain... the HUD tiles just appeared in my project. I have no clue why this happened. All that seems to have changed is that I had closed and re-opened the project a few times since.

How bizarre.

Thanks to all for reading, and dale_coop for replying.

Cheers,
JFranco

Top Bottom