Jumping on enemy freezes the game

Dirk

Hi,

previously I had 1 enemy that couldn't be killed and just walked around. I had no problems, everything worked fine.
I added a new one who shoots projectiles and can be killed by jumping on him. Unfortunately sometimes, not always, the game freezes and has to be reset, when the player jumps on the monster.
I had a similar problem when I played Pauldalyjr's TimeChaser. I would sometimes get stuck on a rock and the game would freeze.

Anybody else has this problems or even found a solution?

MistSonata

This sounds like something that's pretty deep under the hood. Unfortunately JoeG doesn't frequent the forum much anymore, and he's the one who would have any idea what's going on. I'd recommend posting this to the FB group or emailing him if you haven't already.

cargo

spam bots yandex
I agree with MistSonata you may have to look under the hood and possibly need to trace and debug your program in realtime. If you are knowledgeable enough I would look at HandleObjectCollisions_Platform_Simple.asm inside "install path \GameEngineData\Routines\UserScripts\PlatformGame_Base\MainScripts" and search for the label "jumpOnMonster".

I've had this issue as well, but even just a projectile hurting them can cause it.
It also will lock up at times for seemingly no reason.
I'm gonna do some digging under the hood at some point to see if I can fix the error. If I can, i will release a revised module with the fix

dale_coop

Staff member
Strange... never had this problem.
Could it be your sounds causing the issue?
(Try with the music and sounds from the betaassets folder)

dale_coop said:
Strange... never had this problem.
Could it be your sounds causing the issue?
(Try with the music and sounds from the betaassets folder)
Will try it. Although, I've removed many SFX ques. Whenever It happens it always makes that randomized crash sound.

Edit: Now it happens whenever any enemy is hit, without crash sound and closes the emulator.

Top Bottom