setting monsters with projectiles

Scottdanoob

hey guys i was wondering on how to set up certain monsters with projectiles. i know its been covered but im having trouble with it. i want to use em for bosses that i have set up to have tons of health. besides that i am nearly done with my game, well that a fixing a few things like my health not updating but i have another post for that

dale_coop

Staff member
It's an monster Action in monsters action steps.
So you can set your monster to shoot (projectile) straight in front oh him or shoot toward the player... in an action step.

Then to setup your projectile objects.... it depends of the module you are using module. What module are you using?

Scottdanoob

cool ill try playing with it. thanks again for the hud fix i can totally get the game finished now. when i get annoyed with that ill be making some music for the game(got famitracker

dale_coop

Staff member
Now, I know you're on the 4.0.0 (basic module), I can give some precisions...
For your monster projectile, you need to setup the "Projectile Source" object.
Set it as "Monster Weapon", then set its "Speed" AND "Acceleration".
Set also "Solid/Edge reactions" both to "DestoyMe" (it means the projectile will be destroyed on collision with a solid element or with the edge of the screen)
In the Actions tab, keep everything by default.
Except for Action Step 1, check the "ignore main physics" (because this step is used for "Shoot at player" and use a specific physics code in the engine)
That's all.

Scottdanoob

k. how do i assign to specific monsters? cause the tentacles are just there to protect the first boss for a bit. and my second boss is moving and im hoping to have him shoot at the player

dale_coop

Staff member
In your Monster's object detail, set its actions steps... first doing this action (move or just wait or...) then go to next action, for doing that action, ... then another one to maybe shoot at the player... then go back to the first action.
Take a look at that video: https://youtu.be/eHmw8RitQFs?t=1256
The action steps are the AI of the monsters... :) (like programming small robots)

Dirk

dale_coop do you know if I can define more action steps by manipulating a certain script? Or are 8 action steps a hard limit?

Top Bottom