Importing Famitracker txt file broke my game.

Sunder

Hey guys,
I'm new here. I've posted some stuff up on the facebook group.
So I just imported a famitracker txt file that I made myself and now my game wont even run anymore, no way to roll back the damage unfortunately. And it seems to have permanently screwed with my game. Any idea how and why this happened? looking at the exported file it's virtually identical to any other file I have so far.
Unfortunately I can't upload the file here. SO I'll share this link instead.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WJYVSIEFzQVqVx-ZkUWXHGBJYNqof59N/view?usp=sharing

Firing up the test brings me to a grey screen, trying to import other txt files from the provided assets didn't fix the problem.

dale_coop

Staff member
Try to Import again one of the Txt filesfrom the betaAssets\music folder, your project should work again.

Sunder

Hey dale, I did. It doesn't work still, but that's fine, I can build t up again quick.
More importantly why won't the txt file I made work?
And hi by the way! Thanks for inviting me here.

dale_coop

Staff member
Another technique (when project is broken), is to replace the NESMaker\GameEngineData\Sound\ folder with the files from the original nesmaker.zip
Then you re-open your project and you can try to reimport some txt from the betaAssets\Music folder.

For the custom music txt import errors, it's very pain in the a*** there is a lot of limitations, there are a lot of topics about that in the Music section of this forum.
I can't do music, so I don't import any music... always use the betaAssets ones or no music at all :p I let the others guys taking care of that part (>_<)

Sunder

Yeah, I made the music keeping the limitations in mind. Including no effects and no DPCM.
I have no idea why it's not working.

CutterCross

I solved your issue for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p_NJMprX3JMRcxp7tZqVicZIPD7x0XWI/view?usp=sharing

There were a TON of problems with your file.

1. You were using a Hi-Pitch envelope in one of your instruments, which is not supported by GGsound.

2. You had multiple instruments with the same name.

3. You say you didn't use effects or DPCM samples, but you left them in some parts of your song that you didn't use.

QByYS2Z.png

4. It appears you deleted instrument 00, which can cause NESmaker/GGsound to go haywire since it can't find that index.

5. These probably weren't the cause of your problem, but I went ahead and fixed these small things as "best practices". Adding in a Stop instrument and using that instead of a note cut, removing the apostrophe in your Song information, keeping the Tempo at 150 bpm and changing the Speed to match the original song, removing the extra fx columns on your channels, etc.

Sunder

That's weird. Why do you have that one there?
Hmmm. I mustve uploaded the wrong txt file. I'll send it over when I get back.

Sunder

The txt file still had hold overs from a previous file I used to share the same instruments.
Okay, thank you, Cuttercross!

Sunder

I'm home now, Now that I look at it again, yeah I didn't realize that.
I'll make sure not to do that again.
Thank you again so much, Cutter!

Top Bottom