Bigger player size - bigger GameObjectTiles.bmp

smithee

Hi all,
is it possible to make a player bigger than 8x8 ? Also, is it possible to change (increase) size of GameObjectTiles.bmp?
Also, I think there's a bug with player 8x8 tiles...when you compile the game starts glitching.

Thanks in advance

CutterCross

If you're talking about making your player 8x8 sprites (AKA 64x64 pixels) that ALL the sprites the NES can display at once. PERIOD. You would have nothing left for enemies, powerups, or ANYTHING really!

But if you're talking about making your character 1 sprite (8x8 pixels), then yeah you cam make it larger, you just need more sprites for the character.

smithee

Hi both,
sorry, I was talking about 8x8 SPRITES.
Ok, so it's maximum for all player objects, thanks a lot. That's probably the reason why my game started glitching with my 8x8 sprites player, I have more elements...

Regards

CutterCross

The actual reason why your character is glitching is because NESmaker can only properly animate characters 4 sprites tall or smaller. Any taller and you might have some glitchy animations, though the more frames per animation you have, the more likely your character will glitch out.

Top Bottom