Tip: Use Export to Save (Don't use File...Save)

nroflmao

After many hours/days/weeks of frustration around the "Save" command under the File menu constantly missing and reverting my updates to almost every facet of NESmaker I finally stopped saving and used Export & Test which seems to do a better job of "Saving" your progress even though its not a Save command.
From my experience, if you are a "Save" addict like I am constantly saving things after every change, you get very frustrated with losing changes you just made. I was convinced that i had to save 3-4 times for it to take effect. None of this worked. About a week ago I started just using Export & Test before I save (which is typically what Joe does in the tutorial videos, I notice he never typically saves before export & test). The frustration has dropped dramatically and i very rarely lose any work. I think there must be a bug in the Save command that overwrites your new changes with the last save data or something . I was doing all sorts of ritual clicking to other screens then back then save then make one change then save, etc, etc.

I assume this must have been addressed / discussed so far but I wasn't able to find it on a search so just throwing this out there hopefully to save some newbies the frustration and trouble that i had.

cargo

spam bots yandex
I know what you mean. I save often myself out of habit too. I remember somebody commenting about this being addressed in the upcoming version.

My only complaint really is if you make a backup of your Nesmaker folder somewhere on your PC, it sometimes switches the "working folder" to that causing you to have to re map the tilesets.

Top Bottom