Anyone try testing their game in RetroPie?

nroflmao

I just loaded a blank RetroPie image onto my Rpi 3 and tried loading my finished copy of the Adventure Tutorial game. It loads start screen and starting screen, but get a blank black screen when moving off the starting screen. Works find in FCEUX on PC but wondering if its a bug in my project or if there is a reason that this shouldn't work on RetroPie (note i switched the default emulator to fceumm -- nestopia and quicknes didn't work).

Anyone get theirs to work in RetroPie?

dale_coop

Staff member
I use recalbox on my rpi, it’s the same kind as retropie.
If you set to use the fceumm core, yes, it works fine!

nroflmao

Thanks for the tip Redherring, i've never heard of that tool before, learned something new! On one of my adventure games i was able to make it to the second screen, but the other versions all go black when i try and navigate off first screen. I will try using this tool to see if that helps...btw do you know which number Mapper2 is, i opened the tool seems like a long list of options...

nroflmao said:
Thanks for the tip Redherring, i've never heard of that tool before, learned something new! On one of my adventure games i was able to make it to the second screen, but the other versions all go black when i try and navigate off first screen. I will try using this tool to see if that helps...btw do you know which number Mapper2 is, i opened the tool seems like a long list of options...
Change the dropdown list to say "2 - UnRom PRG 16k swap"

jim

I haven't had any luck switching to mapper 2. I tried a few different emulators after switching fceux plays it as mapper 30 but black screens after the swap. I must not be setting it up right. Redherring do I need to make other changes other than 2 - UnRom PRG 16k swap and pressing save?

jim said:
I haven't had any luck switching to mapper 2. I tried a few different emulators after switching fceux plays it as mapper 30 but black screens after the swap. I must not be setting it up right. Redherring do I need to make other changes other than 2 - UnRom PRG 16k swap and pressing save?

So, what emulators have you tried?

nroflmao

I was also only to get Mapper30 to work. I'm using Adventure game module on 4.0.11, and i figured out that going left and right in the overworld is fine. trying to go up or down gives me black screen of death. Warping to/from the underworld seems to work OK.....

Works fine in FCEUX on my PC, but when i put it on the RetroPie with FCEUMM it gives me this behavior. going to cross my fingers that this goes away in 4.1.0, but throwing this out there to see if anyone else had the issue and found a way to resolve it.

Perhaps the problem is the FCEUMM emulator? When I download and install on my PC and try to load my rom it says Mapper30 is not supported.
But I don't think a port of FCEUX has been made for Retropie ?

nroflmao

So I managed to get it to work, by changing to Mapper2 and switching to Nestopia emulator on RetroPie.

Mapper30 won't work with Nestopia or QuickNES, and with FCEUMM it won't let me scroll up (gives me black screen) on adventure module.
Changing my rom to Mapper2 then running it with Nestopia or QuickNES now works, and the scrolling vertical works, so far as I can tell everything is working the same way as it does with Mapper30 using FCEUX (which isn't supported on RetroPie).

nroflmao said:
I was also only to get Mapper30 to work. I'm using Adventure game module on 4.0.11, and i figured out that going left and right in the overworld is fine. trying to go up or down gives me black screen of death. Warping to/from the underworld seems to work OK.....

Works fine in FCEUX on my PC, but when i put it on the RetroPie with FCEUMM it gives me this behavior. going to cross my fingers that this goes away in 4.1.0, but throwing this out there to see if anyone else had the issue and found a way to resolve it.

Perhaps the problem is the FCEUMM emulator? When I download and install on my PC and try to load my rom it says Mapper30 is not supported.
But I don't think a port of FCEUX has been made for Retropie ?

Have you tried quicknes?
It works great with Nesmaker games on my 3ds.

Top Bottom