HUD Glitch on first screen [4.1]

Anybody else having trouble with colors messing up on their HUD when the game loads?

I have attached a picture of what I am talking about. It only happens on the first screen. All other screens look fine.
Also it comes back when you return to the screen.

It flashes the correct color for just a moment before it messes up.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yep it's s known issue. Might be fixed... one day ;)
In the mean time, you can "fix" that by painting your all the tiles placed in the hud area inn your scrolling screens, with the SubPalette#4 (holding the "R" key).

I actually tried painting it like it showed in the tutorial but no luck. Still does it.
Also currently have scrolling disabled until I can dig into the code of how it works. I want to try and get 2-way horizontal scrolling working after I get everything working again.

If it's a known issue though I can sit it on the backburner. It doesn't cause problems on anything but the first screen.

Mugi

did you paint the screens next to the first screen too ?
someone said somewhere on the forum that painting the screens next to active one fixed it for them.

dale_coop

Staff member
chronicleroflegends said:
I actually tried painting it like it showed in the tutorial but no luck. Still does it.
If it's a known issue though I can sit it on the backburner. It doesn't cause problems on anything but the first screen.

Have you painted... the next screen too. (in fact, if "use sprite 0" is checked, I think it loads half of the HUD tiles from the next screen... so even you have to always paint the HUD area of the next screen, even if you are using only 1 screen)
I know... It's weird.

Top Bottom