can't reenter room

stevenshepherd

I added two monsters to a room (room 2). When I walk into room 2 from room 1, it is fine. I can walk back to room 1. But, when I try to walk back into room 2 again, I can't go back. My player just walks at the edge of the screen of room 1. Any ideas as to what this is the case? I followed the tutorials with setting up the HUD, sprite zero, etc. I don't have scrolling. Thanks anyone who might have an idea!

dale_coop

Staff member
Hmmm....
In your Screens Infos (in the room 1), check the "Edge Stops Player" is not set.

stevenshepherd

I just checked and it isn't checked off. and it it only that one edge that I can exit and reenter, but then can't exit again. I can come and go through all other screens just fine.

stevenshepherd

I just tried resetting all monster placements and it still does it, so I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the monsters

dale_coop

Staff member
Even if you reset placements, and keep the room 2 without any monster nor game object, you still have the issue?
Might be something on that screen... could share screenshot of the screen and screen info’s?

Did you try to delete the screen and make it again?

stevenshepherd

Thanks for the help. Correct, I reset monster placements, and I changed it from being the start screen to not the start screen, and it is still just that one that is being difficult. I also copied and moved the rooms to a different location on the room grid but that didn't matter.

screenshot1.png

dale_coop

Staff member
You are using the "Single Screen Game"? might be your issue, don't you think... Have you tried without that flag?

dale_coop

Staff member
(I think "Single Screen Game" is for games like Donkey Kong... when you get the special tile or beat all the monster, you are warped to the next Screen... As didn't have time to test this deeply)

dale_coop

Staff member
I understand your frustration... will go to bed (1:00 AM here now) but I hope we can find a solution tomorrow... or maybe you will find out :p

stevenshepherd

So I deleted that screen and remade it and it worked just fine. So, I went back and added monsters to room 2, and now the problem is back again.

I found that I can sort of work my way through by getting in a precise spot and tapping forward as opposed to holding it. Sometimes I get lucky and it works (See video)

https://youtu.be/StBv2EDOCbM

dale_coop

Staff member
I can't watch the video, it says "video not available" (maybe a private video?).
And you have this problem with any rooms that have 2 monsters? Have you try to uncheck the "Single Screen Game"?

stevenshepherd

Oops, was set to private. Should work now (see below)

I did uncheck single screen game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StBv2EDOCbM

dale_coop

Staff member
Does it mean when there is no monster in the room, you can move from one room to it her and move back?
Bit the problem only when you have monsters?

stevenshepherd

It still happens even without monsters. I copied the rooms, removed the monsters and placements, and it still does it. It is so weird.

dale_coop

Staff member
Have you made any modification in the scripts, or used custom scripts that could cause issues?

Oh, by the way, which module are you using? the basic_ScrollingPlatform?

stevenshepherd

No custom scripts or anything. I loaded Base.MOD because I thought that it was Joe did in the "starting a project" tutorial.

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok, maybe there is an issue with this module.
Will do some tests... could you share screenshots of your HUD settings (sprite0) and your HUD tileset. And one of your screen? (need to check the settings colors and some tiles for set the same things on my project)

Top Bottom