Why the HUD is doing this?

I'm just making a quick experimental Game titled Closeout based upon the one you can program on your Atari computer and here's the HUD's issue on the second screen. Not sure how to fix and yes Sprite Zero is set - what's causing most of the HUD to be knocked out as you get a score and health.

Attachments

• closeout Beta Problem.png
    closeout Beta Problem.png
    2 KB · Views: 2,295
Scythe&GenGames said:
I'm just making a quick experimental Game titled Closeout based upon the one you can program on your Atari computer and here's the HUD's issue on the second screen. Not sure how to fix and yes Sprite Zero is set - what's causing most of the HUD to be knocked out as you get a score and health.

It doesn't look like your zero Sprite is set to a non transparent color. With "brgb" on in the pixel editor make sure the bottom right tile of "GameObjectTiles.bmp" is set to any color other than black. Also, make sure it's positioned over the bottom right corner of your HUD.

in the tutorial it has to be a full tile and my game's background is just black so I can't set it to be transparent of my game objects and it's hud tiles that needs it.

Scythe&GenGames said:
in the tutorial it has to be a full tile and my game's background is just black so I can't set it to be transparent of my game objects and it's hud tiles that needs it.

It can not be the transparent color, I know it's undesirable but if you can't see it, it's not working.

Scythe&GenGames said:

I have a black background, but I had to change the last box in the character sprite sheet to the following blue line and set sprite 0 index as 127, x at 248 and y at 23 so it appears right on the bracket on right corner of HUD.

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 2,267
  • Capture 3.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,265

dale_coop

Staff member
Scythe&GenGames said:

The sprite 0 has to be a non transparent... do a try to check if it's woking, if it's the source of your issue.
You have to understand, first, learn and know how to use it... before break it and do differently.

LordFred

You can also use a tile that has 1 pixel non-transparent in the left top corner and make it collide with the last pixel in the right bottom corner of your hud, this way, you will not see any sprite zero behind your HUD

still covers most of it I think something is bugged I'll have to load the tutorial one and make a copy of the screen unless.....that's the problem!

it has to be loading something that knocks it out! I couldn't find the issue so I changed total Sales to just Sales and do it that way.

Top Bottom