Issues with Lock Blocks and Keys

vanderblade

I'm using 4.1 Adventure Module (with some changes courtesy of Dale), and I'm having a few issues with my lock blocks and key counter.

1) My lock blocks tend to trigger correctly, but whenever I return to the screen, the lock block graphic shows back up. It's still walkable (from being unlocked), but I obviously want the lock block to stay gone.

2) Some screens randomly add one to my key counter when I enter them. It's not screen number related, since I have unique screen numbers for every screen in my game. So, I'm not sure what is causing it. But it results in players having an abundance of keys and breaking the game in certain dungeons.

Anybody encounter any of these issues in the weeks since 4.1 hit? Any known solutions?

vanderblade said:
I'm using 4.1 Adventure Module (with some changes courtesy of Dale), and I'm having a few issues with my lock blocks and key counter.

1) My lock blocks tend to trigger correctly, but whenever I return to the screen, the lock block graphic shows back up. It's still walkable (from being unlocked), but I obviously want the lock block to stay gone.

2) Some screens randomly add one to my key counter when I enter them. It's not screen number related, since I have unique screen numbers for every screen in my game. So, I'm not sure what is causing it. But it results in players having an abundance of keys and breaking the game in certain dungeons.

Anybody encounter any of these issues in the weeks since 4.1 hit? Any known solutions?

Having Same issue with Key Tiles and lock block. Were you ever able to fix this?

dale_coop

Staff member
In the "Project Settings > User constants", check the :
- TILE_INDEX_LOCK (the tile you are using for your door... it's the index from your tileset... count the 8x8 tiles from top left to bottom right starting from 0)
- TILE_OPENDOOR (the tile to use when the door is removed... if you don't know, use "0": the first tile of your tileset)
- COL_INDEX_LOCK (the tile type for your locked door... for example if "4 - locked door" then the value has to be "4")

going2maine

vanderblade said:

Hi. Did you ever figure out either of these issues? I'm seeing them both on 4.1.5.

Dale's post right above you solves issue one. COL_INDEX_LOCK specifically, if your door is reappearing when returning to a triggered screen. The triggered screen script looks for the presence of that tile script number to determine which tiles need to be changed to TILE_OPENDOOR.

Issue 2, I've never experienced myself, so I'm not sure what's going on with that one.

Top Bottom