Stuck in demo mode

Bigtoe43

I just downloaded nesmaker and followed some tutorials to create games but every time I try to test it only loads the demo. Not sure how to solve this.

dale_coop

Staff member
You might have errors when compiling (any errors in the command line black window)? It doesn't compile, doesn't make the game.nes, but launch the emulator and play the already create game.nes, by default, in the gameDataEngine folder.

Suggestion, unizipp nesmaker.zip in you Downloads folder or Documents or Desktop... deactivate your antivirus (or add a exception for the NESMaker folder). And in your project, check your "Project Settings > Emulator" settings.

Bigtoe43

I have the files unzipped to my download folder, I did have to make an exception for antivirus, and I'm using the default emulator so everything under emulator is blank. Here's my black window:black box.jpg

Mugi

if i had to guess from the looks of your image here, i bet your antivirus ate the asm6.exe from the nesmaker folder.
it's located in GameEngineData folder

Bigtoe43

you were right. I pulled the asm6.exe file over and I still have the same problem. now instead of asm6 is not recognized, it says:
MainASM.asm(2): Can't open file.
demo.txt written.

dale_coop

Staff member
Deactivate your antivirus. Suggestion, unizipp nesmaker.zip in you Downloads folder or Documents or Desktop... then add a exception for the NESMaker folder in your antivirus exceptions.

dale_coop

Staff member
It's an old video, a lot of things set there doesn't work like that now.
You should start with the ones here: www.thenew8bitheroes.com ;)

dale_coop

Staff member
Yep, because you was not following the correct tutorial (or use the correct version of NESMaker, corresponding to this tutorial ;)).

Top Bottom