[4.1] Struggling with death animation for projectile

So I am trying to figure out how to make my melee weapon larger (i.e., more than 8x8 because that collision is too small for my needs)

I know there is code where essentially you can make a melee weapon as an object not a sprite. I am trying to get the projectile to do this without having to get into code much or at all.

One hiccup is that my monster death animation doesn't happen when hit with a projectile, only with melee. No idea why this would be the case (isn't a monster death a monster death regardless of how it happens?)

dale_coop

Staff member
I think it's because there is missing the monster death "createobject" part in the HandleHurtMonster script (after the DeactivateCurrentObject).
I see 2 solutions :
- you add the CreateObject for the #OBJ_MONSTER_DEATH that is missing in the HandleHurtMonster.asm script (for inspiration, I would suggest you to search for "OBJ_MONSTER_DEATH" in the code of HandleObjectCollisions.asm)
or
- you fix the Monster Drops (because in the 4.0.X version of NESMaker, it was the monster drops that used to create the monster death animation (search on the forum "monster drops")

I wonder if this is something that will be fixed soon with an update. I could be missing something, but i dont see why this inconsistency in monster death between melee and projectile would be wanted by the user.

Top Bottom