HUD Assets and Variables

chronosv2

For anyone that's part of the Facebook group, this may look partially familiar, but I decided I should post more about it here because I'm experiencing a few additional issues now that I've got the HUD working (I had the "Undefined tiles" dictionary error, even though it looked like all tiles were painted in).
To recap/refresh, I was asking about optimizing the HUD, and putting as much useful information on screen as possible.
I've gotten HUD Assets down to 2 for the background, but I've run into a weird issue with the second asset.

Some NES games, to make storing numbers easier while also giving a sense of scale, used fake numbers to pad out a number. For example, a game that always had scores as multiples of 100 would just have two cosmetic zeroes at the end. I'm attempting to do that, and it appears that, while it appears fine in the HUD Editor when I go and run the resulting game, the padded zero is gone.

If I move the variable down one line the zero also seems to be gone, so... I'm not sure what could be going on here.

Multiple Edits: Images seem to have been eaten. No idea what happened. Reposted the one that mattered.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes, it's a known issue.
A part of the HUD (right bottom) is not drawn (or something drawn black on HUD?)
If you call the HUD update, it can make it reappear.

I hope it will be fix soon.

Top Bottom