just a bug report

MrGodman

I already submitted a form but you told me to go here. Joe knows. he knows all sorts of things

anyway, humor put aside, i encountered an error that you might want to look into. I had a screen i chose to delete with the "delete screen" thingamabob and i made a new screen elsewhere in the overworld. i moved the character and everything out of the room. when I hit compile and test, i get no errors but i get a black screen. i'm assuming this is looking at the now deleted screen. my guess is NES Maker can't update the player location for some reason. anyway just a bug report

dale_coop

Staff member
Was it working before your change the location of the player?
I would suggest to check :
- Check your Player is "player" and "persistent".
- Your HUD is OK: at least 2 rows min for the HUD Area and the rest for the Playable Area.
- Check you choose "skip the start screen" in the Project Info, if you don't need it.
- Try to set again your player location: open the screen, and right-click on the location you want your player starts and select "Place player".
- An important one: do NOT use "Reset all placements", it doesn't work as expected. Instead, use the "Edit Monster Placement Details" and "disable" all the monsters (to remove them from your screen).

If still compilation errors, share with us the error message that appears on the command line dialog.

MrGodman

That last one the -reset all placements- was the kicker it needed to work again. thanks. I'll keep that in mind going forward.

dale_coop

Staff member
Need to keep all that in mind, like a check list, when you get issues ;)
Hopefuly, very soon we will have the new update with a lot (all) that fixed.

MrGodman

0egAiMB.png
well now that i got the game running again my player character is now dropping garbage every time he stops his movement until the game slows down and no more garbage tiles are laid. here's the loaded modules and code if maybe i did something wrong here's something to reference.

dale_coop

Staff member
It does the because your stopMovingPlayerXXX.asm scripts are wrong ones (in fact, there are mistakes in them).
You need to get the fixed movements scripts from here: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=390
And it will work better.

Top Bottom