AI gets stuck in corners

darkhog

You could say, I'm dealing here with a corner case ;). The AI seems to sometimes get stuck in corner (using 8 dir movement+ solid action reverse direction) of the room. Any ideas how to fix it?

dale_coop

Staff member
You could put some solid tile in the corner ?
Or a "monster block" tile in the corners only for blocking your monsters, your player not blocked
(but the monsters block are not yet implemented in nesmaker 4, I think)

MrElephant

Something I've noticed is if you have say a 16x16 sprite, and the bottom 8x16 goes off the map -it causes the sprite to freeze. This could post an issue if there is only one way off the map.

darkhog

MrElephant said:
Something I've noticed is if you have say a 16x16 sprite, and the bottom 8x16 goes off the map -it causes the sprite to freeze. This could post an issue if there is only one way off the map.

Not the case here as the sprites get stuck even in normal corners, where entire sprite is on map.

MrElephant

I'm not saying what you stated isn't true, it is. What I am trying to say is -if a sprite is going straight down for instance, and then the bottom portion goes off the current map, the game chops the bottom portion of the sprite off, and freezes it.

dale_coop

Staff member
Have you set correctly your monster ? "Edge Object collision" you should have "reverse direction" (same for "solid object collision")

MistSonata

I think I had a similar issue in the beta, and I'm not sure the solution will work in 4.0, but try changing the "End Action" to "Repeat" instead of "Loop".

darkhog

dale_coop said:
Have you set correctly your monster ? "Edge Object collision" you should have "reverse direction" (same for "solid object collision")

Yes, that's why I'm so puzzled. It doesn't happen often, but often enough.

Top Bottom