No animations and all movements look the same

kennyp1369

There is no animation for movement and the player graphics for idle and all directions look the same. The player graphics somehow have both sides of the body switched. Here is a screenshot of downward walking in player graphics and what it looks like on FCEUX. Why would the animations be getting stuck? I have assigned the press and release movement scripts to the inputs.
Screenshot (168).png

dale_coop

Staff member
Check all your animations, maybe one is not good?
And use the fixed movement scripts from here: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=390
On your screen, do a right-click then "Edit Monsters Placement details" and click on DISABLE button for all your monsters.

And could you share a screenshot of your Input Editor ?

kennyp1369

I replaced the movement scripts and the player faces the different directions when he is moving in them now. I still have no animation though, and the images for the lower half of the player have switched sides. The idle stated do not return after the animations. I checked the animations again and they look good (like the videos). I have disabled all of the monsters. Here is a screenshot of the input editor:
Screenshot (170).png

dale_coop

Staff member
Your inputs are incorrects, you need to set Game State: "MainGame", Target: "NONE" (Joe said it)
Then all your
all the startMovingPlayerXxx.asm scripts to "HOLD" on each direction
all the stopMovingPlayerXxx.asm scripts to "RELEASE" on each direction
the changeToWalkingAnimation script to "PRESS" on each direction
the changeToIdleAnimation script to "RELEASE" on each direction

And it should be working great ;)
Don't forget to get the fixed movements scripts (else you will have some issues): http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=390

kennyp1369

I reset all of the inputs and I have transitions from walking to idle states now. For the lower half of the player it seems like the incorrect tiles are being drawn on the screen. I did replace the movement scripts with the replacements. When the player is walking up, tiles that aren't even in the animation are getting drawn onto the screen.
Screenshot (173).png

dale_coop

Staff member
Try to put the same number of frames to all your animations. Sometimes, there is a problem with that.

And try maybe to use another screen, and not in the first row (the 1,1 for example)

kennyp1369

The problem was that I changed the size of the GameObjectTiles graphic when I saved it. I set it back to the original size and my animations worked. I thought I would be able to walk diagonal when multiple direction buttons were pressed though.

Top Bottom