Monster Placement Issue - Sprite Smearing

ppaquette

Hello,
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm having a problem where I have all my monsters and groups set up ok and it shows up in engine normally:
2018-08-23.png

but it smears the sprites straight up and down and mixes player sprites in it as well when I export:
2018-08-23.png

Any help is most appreciated.

dale_coop

Staff member
Try to remove all monsters from your screen (« edit monsters placement edits » the clic on « disable » for all).
and try again...

ppaquette

I tried that multiple times and unfortunately nothing changes. I went in and made more strict naming conventions as well with no luck.

ppaquette said:
but it smears the sprites straight up and down and mixes player sprites in it as well when I export:
2018-08-23.png

Any help is most appreciated.

I noticed this happens if the height of sprite is set to 8 tiles (64 pixels), reduce its height to 7 and I bet it'll suddenly be fine.

ppaquette

that looks like it did the trick. thank you so much!! do you think it was due to the fact that there was a row of empty sprites above the head or just the size? thanks again!!

Kasumi

Looking at the draw functions, I think I see the problem. It would be because of the value 8. If I'm right, basically when the height is 8, it loops through 256 "rows" instead of 8 rows which is why it's drawing so much random data to the screen.

Top Bottom