Animation going too fast and misc

SuperNatetendo

So after much searching, Im stuck.Im trying to create a projectile, which works, but my player's animation is WAAAAY too fast. Ive got it set to animation speed - "12" so I know it is not that. The action step has a timer of 0 and is set to "GoToFirst" at the end of the animation.

Some things to note - I removed the stuff that made it so you stop moving when attacking in the projectile script & Im using MistSonata's 8-dir movement script, in which I also removed the lines that stopped movement when attacking.

Misc thing that's bugging me - my character is pretty tall, so when shooting up the fireballs are on top of his head. Some sorta variable to have the fireball be drawn behind would be cool.

dale_coop

Staff member
For you animation issue... I think you need to make some modifications in the "a_create_projectile.asm" script.
You could try replacing this line:
Code:
ChangeObjectState #$02, #$02
with
Code:
ChangeObjectState #$02, #$08
or maybe simply with:
Code:
ChangeToAction #$02

Sorry I am not home, so I can't test myself.

SuperNatetendo

That seems to have done the trick. Also found a flaw in my modified code having to do with not checking if an object state was happening.

Now just having trouble with reverting back to the correct object state as now I can move while shooting so there is two possibilities.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
For clarity - the second argument sets the first animation timer in the new state. Setting it to nothing (blank or putting #$00) actually sets it to #$ff ... or 256...longest possible timer.

Hope that helps at least explain why! We're working on a macro viewer that shows what each of these things do!

SuperNatetendo

Is there a good way to check if an action is over and create branch to two other object states?

EDIT: Last night at 3 am I had revelation on how to fix this very simply. It is now SOLVED!!

PortableAnswers

SuperNatetendo said:
That seems to have done the trick. Also found a flaw in my modified code having to do with not checking if an object state was happening.

Now just having trouble with reverting back to the correct object state as now I can move while shooting so there is two possibilities.

:?:
Hello, how were you able to achieve moving while shooting?

Top Bottom