melee attack in platformer?

digit2600

i don't really have a need for the b button accelerator, and would rather swap that out to assign b to my melee attack. . any idea how I can go about this ?

also, I'd like to disable the boundaries / pitfall deaths and simply transition to the screen underneath. ... basically, I'm trying to get similar functionality as the adventure module except in a platformer...

JeffPack

Sounds like you want the adventure module with the plaformer physics engine. Not sure how to do that.

WolfMerrik

digit2600 said:
I'd like to disable the boundaries / pitfall deaths and simply transition to the screen underneath. ... basically, I'm trying to get similar functionality as the adventure module except in a platformer...

This can easily be done by removing these two lines of code from the doScreenBottomUpdate: in the Bounds_Platform_Simple.asm
Code:
JSR HandlePlayerDeath		
RTS

I think this is more overall useful for many reasons, if you want a pit that WILL kill you, you can simply make a tiletype that causes the player death

As far as a melee script, that's a bit more complex, although it IS something I was looking to make for myself, if/when I do, I will share it for sure!

WolfMerrik

digit2600 said:
yep, figured out the bounds thing yesterday. .. funny, it was right in the comments already lol....

Yeah, It took me a bit longer to find this than I want to admit on the forums =P

fearspork

i just added the melee script from the adventure module, there are problems. first it takes the object from Melee source instead of melee weapon, i think this has to do with Melee source being melee Horizontal in the adventure module, the next problem for me was that the weapon would just drop on the ground i solved this by turning off gravity on the Melee weapon, the last problem i haven't solved, in the adventure module the player freezes for a second while you attack, so when you move the weapon stays where you used it till the animation runs out and it destroys. so i dont code , i took this as far as i think i can go , if anyone has a better solution please link

Top Bottom