GameObjects & Colors

WolfMerrik

So, the game objects use 2 palettes, the same two used by the player (being that they are a GameObject as well).
Now, I know we are dealing with limitations of the NES, but is it possible to change the pallet of these items before they draw, and then swap them back? From what I have understood, this is unlikely.

More possibly, would it be possible to allow them to use whichever monster pallets happen to be available? or other pallets, etc:
If so, does anyone have any ideas on how to make them work this way?

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah it would be great if game objects could use Monsters palettes (from the screen settings), too.
(would like to use different colored "keys"... currently I am limited... or I use some tricky monster objects when I really need pickup with very different colors)

WolfMerrik

dale_coop said:
Yeah it would be great if game objects could use Monsters palettes (from the screen settings), too.
(would like to use different colored "keys"... currently I am limited... or I use some tricky monster objects when I really need pickup with very different colors)

I guess coming up with the "how" is really more of an idea process than anything.

Monster objects may be the route that I need to go... Maybe reserving a monster type slot that always does the same thing (like acts as an object) and then adjust my pallets accordingly.

Top Bottom