Adventure Tutorial Shop

Would anybody know how to go about implementing this? id like a shop similar to The Legend of Zelda in which the player can just walk up to certain items if he/she has enough of a currency count.
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks guys love i love the community!!

jeddysne

I would like some help with this. Searching the forums, I saw where Joe put up a contest for people to figure out some these more in depth tasks and asked that they make a video to help teach the rest of us. I love NESMaker because coding, math and variables are a challenge for me.

Mihoshi20

Hmm, now there is an idea I didn't think about yet. Shouldn't be too difficult, since you can place game objects on the screen you could potentially use one of the associated game objects and assign it one of the unused enemy AI's or add it to the pickup code to where on touch it destroys the visible onscreen object and then subtracts the appropriate amount from the player's collected money and then adds to the players health,gives an item, or does the behavior you need. The most difficult part in 6502 ASM will be checking if the player has enough for the purchase.

dale_coop

Staff member
If you check the challenge topic, in the video I posted, I made a kind of Shop, based on NPCs.
I made 2 texts associated, and 2 alternatives texts when the player don’t have enough money.
On player’s collision with the NPC, the code check the amount of money, if not enough for the item (compared with the npc health/worth), then the alternative text is displayed.
I spend almost 3 weeks on the code, it was a nightmare, a lot of small modifications in a lot of places, and looks ugly.

I hope the (more simple) shop system will be back (I think it was shown in the early beta videos), used in Mystic Searches.

Top Bottom