Separate export option: built in Emulator?

Glad to be back. Hurricane Michael decided to ruin my game collection, but thankfully I brought my laptop and all my work with me. Now that I have some basic internet trying to start back on NesMaker.

I am no expert on how things run behind the scenes, but I thought it would be really cool if we had an option to export with emulator+Rom coupled together so that a pc user could play the game by just running a .exe and using their keyboard.

I know most of us hope to flash our games to cartridges and play on original hardware, but it would be neat to be able to distribute our games digitally to pc users who may not know how to set up an emulator.

chronosv2

I feel like someone could make a custom batch file to do something like this. The main issue is finding a bundled emulator with licensing that would allow you to do such a thing and getting it set up.

dale_coop

Staff member
The emulator that comes with NESMaker is a good exemple. When you start the .exe in the Emulator folder it loads your game (the game.nes rom file in the folder is used).
Would be great if that emulator would become free to distribute.

Top Bottom