Copy/Cut and Paste between Overworld/Underworld maps

cargo

spam bots yandex
Please give users the ability to move or copy screens between overworld and underworld maps. It's one of those little things that as a user you don't notice initially but when you need it becomes conspicuously absent.

chronosv2

In the current version of NESMaker, there's a "Screen" Menu when you're in the screen editor. You can save and load screens from that menu, which works between overworld and underworld.

cargo

spam bots yandex
While your suggestion is fine for backing up purposes it's not for actual editing work. It's still a hassle to work the menus for something that could be done quickly with standard keyboard shortcuts. Some clipboard ability is already there but it is limited to the particular map control where the clipboard command was executed. If there are technical limitations as to not being able to share the clipboard between map controls then I also suggest having a button on the upcoming toolbar for moving screens back and forth.

TheGeek

This is something that I really should have added a while ago. I just added this as a feature request for version 4.1. I'll try and get this in there. Thanks!

nroflmao

chronosv2 said:
In the current version of NESMaker, there's a "Screen" Menu when you're in the screen editor. You can save and load screens from that menu, which works between overworld and underworld.

didn't realize that! came here trying to figure out how the tile copy/paste is supposed to work (Joe did it in the Adventure mod tutorial). Holding shift down and Ctrl-C seems to get the Copy but I can't get the Paste to work....

But the save/load screen is actually even better! I'll just use that from now on, thanks chronosv2!

dale_coop

Staff member
The CTRL+C and CTRL+V works fine, for screen in the same map, just do it slowly ;)
And I heard it will work between overwold/underworld too, in the new version

Top Bottom