Please add a [youtube] tag to the forums

Have a thought on how NESmaker can be improved? We are a small team with limited means, but we'd love to hear your ideas!
cargo

Please add a [youtube] tag to the forums

Post by cargo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:14 pm

I often find myself wanting to explain concepts that are better seen than read. I also notice a lot of creative people eager to show their stuff but no way do it currently without having to link outside of the Nesmaker forums or post on facebook. There must be a plug-in or script already available that you guys could integrate with the current forum software. Not everybody uses facebook and shouldn't be an excuse not include an otherwise common forum feature. Please give us the ability to use a tag like [youtube][/youtube] or similar so we can post videos of our game projects, show tutorials, famitracker songs, troubleshoot problems, etc.
Happy Holidays

Redherring32

Re: Please add a [youtube] tag to the forums

Post by Redherring32 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Sorry to hijack, but a plug-in to "tag" users when you wanna credit them, and so on would be great too.
I would also like the YouTube feature too.
MistSonata

Post by MistSonata » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 pm

The youtube feature has been suggested to Joe Alonzo, unfortunately he's very busy these days and hasn't had much time for maintaining the forum.

Needless to say, I will continue pestering him. :P
Redherring32

Post by Redherring32 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:30 pm

MistSonata wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 pm
The youtube feature has been suggested to Joe Alonzo, unfortunately he's very busy these days and hasn't had much time for maintaining the forum.

Needless to say, I will continue pestering him. :P
Thanks, a bunch! :D