Platform and triangle collision tile types

These may be in an unreleased module already, but I'll suggest anyway for possible future addition.

A platform tile type that has collision on top edge only, so player can jump through it and land on it.

platform.gif

Less important and probably more complicated to implement.
A tile type with triangular collision area, so you can have slopes in platformer or non square tile collision terrain (Solar Jetman)
https://youtu.be/mSoVblQ5cUw?t=1m51s
https://youtu.be/rgx9lXZfXjY?t=4m9s

Keep up the good work.
:D

dale_coop

Staff member
Didd you write that tile script, UltraNarwhal?! Or it's just a request/suggestion...?
If you already have a script, I would be very glad if could share it (a topic in the "Tips and Tricks > Code" section maybe)?

Yes this is suggestion/request for more advanced tile types to be added by New8bitHeroes in future.
I haven't done any code for these.

dale_coop

Staff member
I like this request.
When the platform module be will released, I am sure someone (or maybe Joe) will make this TileType script ;)

I tried doing something similar with moving platforms made from monster that also react as solid only on top but script ws too complicated for me. Joe explained what I'd have to do but couldn't quite get code to work. I plan to keep trying.

dale_coop

Staff member
dark_crow_66, if you start a topic in 'Code' section, sharing the infos your already have about that, we could help you to make that script, maybe?

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind, we're showing vanilla things. The "make an asset that does XYZ" may or may not be a thing in any given module....we're giving the lego blocks, not building the house ;-)

But we'll be adding as many things as we can as we go. These sorts of things are EXACTLY the design of the community - to help create new assets people can use and import into their games!

TheNew8bitHeroes said:
But we'll be adding as many things as we can as we go. These sorts of things are EXACTLY the design of the community - to help create new assets people can use and import into their games!
I'm sure I'll figure out how to do it myself once I've had a better look at finished help file and/or asm that's there already in the coming months then. :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Exactly... And I think it's better to wait that the platform module is released before trying to make this type tile script ;)

Top Bottom