Screens with music type set in Screen Info to NO CHANGE crashes and a suggestion regarding music repeat

darkhog

So when you place same music on two screens that are neighbors, it will restart after going through screen border. But if music is set to NO CHANGE in the screen info, it would crash the game (not emu, game itself), as in music stops and nothing can be done.

My suggestion is to remove NO CHANGE altogether and just detect in the engine whether the music in the new screen is the same as music in previous screen and if so continue playing it instead of starting playback from scratch. RPG Maker does it and in all those years using RPG Maker I never had the need to restart the music that's already is playing during map transition. And even if someone would have such need in NES Maker, it could be achieved with appropriate screen flag and code acting on it.

darkhog

Thanks. Since you're so good with code side of things, maybe you could make a FAQ-style document on how to fix common issues in 4.0?

dale_coop

Staff member
Should do that, but I think the next update (next wednesday) will fix all those problems.
And in fact, nobody would read the FAQ, they would just ask for help with their issue.

Top Bottom