Trying to understand the new version

erockbrox

Okay, so I just downloaded the new version of nesmaker. Here are my questions and thoughts.

This is for NESmaker 4.0.11

- I don't understand the modules, I see on the website that there is an adventure and platform module, however do these have to be downloaded seperately or do they already come pre packaged when you download the latest version of nesmaker?

- If I'm using the pixel editor and I click on the tile grids then click on something else like Input Editor then come back to the pixel editor the program doesn't "remember" that I wanted my tile grids on. It becomes annoying to keep switching back on my grids every time I do something in the pixel editor.

- the select a region tool in the pixel editor doesn't work like other selection tools. Usually you can select something and then drag it around. Why can I not select things and drag them around?

- Pasting from photoshop actually works now!!! but nothing really snaps to the grids in the pixel editor. The pixel editor in my opinion is in need of improvements.

- I would really like to have my own character icon instead of the Mystic Searches player icon to represent my character on the overworld. It would be nice to have a way to customize that graphic to whatever you want. When I build an overworld I want to see my own character.

chronosv2

erockbrox said:
- I don't understand the modules, I see on the website that there is an adventure and platform module, however do these have to be downloaded seperately or do they already come pre packaged when you download the latest version of nesmaker?
Latest version has all modules.
erockbrox said:
- If I'm using the pixel editor and I click on the tile grids then click on something else like Input Editor then come back to the pixel editor the program doesn't "remember" that I wanted my tile grids on. It becomes annoying to keep switching back on my grids every time I do something in the pixel editor.
I could see that being a minor annoyance.
erockbrox said:
- the select a region tool in the pixel editor doesn't work like other selection tools. Usually you can select something and then drag it around. Why can I not select things and drag them around?
I think it has a lot to do with how images are being handled, but I'm not the person working on the code so whether that's not possible or not isn't something I can answer.
erockbrox said:
- Pasting from photoshop actually works now!!! but nothing really snaps to the grids in the pixel editor. The pixel editor in my opinion is in need of improvements.
Ctrl+Shift+V to paste snapped to grid.

dale_coop

Staff member
Joe told gave some tips about the Pixel Editor, in the Platform module wedNESday tutorial video.

Top Bottom