Show Screen Type on Overworld/Underworld Map

JeffPack

It would be super helpful to see the screen type on the overworld/underworld HUD somehow.

Right now in order to debug screen type issues you need to open up each screen individually. Being able to quickly see the screen type would make this go a lot faster and is something that I think is common enough to make it onto this HUD.

Taking a step further into a nice to have would be to provide and "Screen Attribute" dropdown menu on the overworld/underworld HUD where users could select any one of the screen attributes found on the "Screen Info" tab which would display that information for each room on the map. Users would select an attribute from the dropdown and the information would either be shown directly on the tile (best solution) or displayed above the map on mouse over.

As an example solution to the original request, the user would select "Screen Type" from the "Extra Data" dropdown menu and the user would immediately see each screen's screen type displayed on each tile.

Mihoshi20

JeffPack said:
It would be super helpful to see the screen type on the overworld/underworld HUD somehow.

Right now in order to debug screen type issues you need to open up each screen individually. Being able to quickly see the screen type would make this go a lot faster and is something that I think is common enough to make it onto this HUD.

Taking a step further into a nice to have would be to provide and "Screen Attribute" dropdown menu on the overworld/underworld HUD where users could select any one of the screen attributes found on the "Screen Info" tab which would display that information for each room on the map. Users would select an attribute from the dropdown and the information would either be shown directly on the tile (best solution) or displayed above the map on mouse over.

As an example solution to the original request, the user would select "Screen Type" from the "Extra Data" dropdown menu and the user would immediately see each screen's screen type displayed on each tile.

Glad to see someone else on-top of this too as I was just about to suggest this but didn't have time today to make mockups as I have two suggestions planned and this was amongst them. Really I'd just like to somehow either have the numbers over the thumbnails on the overworld screen, on actually in the 'screen designer' after clicking a screen thumb nail and either having the option of setting it there instead of going into screen info or at least having the info displayed like the X/Y coordinates, tile type the mouse is hovered over, and other basic info are.

Top Bottom