Expose creation and editing of additional screen types

dan

I'm sure this is on the roadmap somewhere, but I'd like to be able to add/edit additional screen types besides the Title Screen and Win Screen within the NESMaker interface.

Particularly, I'm thinking about a Pause Screen, where I can design it like the title or win screen, and then attach additional custom controller inputs to select/switch items active weapons/items. I'm imaging having to do a number of custom ASM scripts here to be able to switch to the screen and back, as well as to actually make them function, but having them in the interface would be a really helpful start.

I'm sure there are some space constraints (all things NES), but having even another two to six (for a total of four to eight) would give users a great amount of flexibility. Some other screens that I would envision users adding with this interface would include story/help screens giving some prologue to the game after the start screen and before the main game, and a lose screen (with some custom scripting) to continue, start over, or (eventually) save.

chronosv2

I believe this is already planned. I recall hearing they're going to try for 8 special screens, but I have no information to give you on the progress of that. I think getting the engine future-proofed and getting the rest of the modules out is their current priority.

dan

Yeah, I expect this is coming. Since they've been taking feedback and implementing suggestions based on feedback in the forums, I just wanted to help try and get/keep this on their radar. Squeaky wheel you know? ;)

Top Bottom