New user read ( Noob )

zeos101

I made a test screen placed the starting point set the hud and all other areas try to compile and it jsut gives an error

I am a new user just installed last night I seen the post saying this that and the other script need to be edited to compile correctley however

it is not very noob friendly I dont even know where to find these to edit, Since its a new install from the latest ver is this even an issue?

Help Please

chronosv2

Scripts are in
[NESMaker folder]\GameEngineData\Routines\

But also, the black window that pops up when you compile... the text in that could help us figure out your errors.

zeos101

That let it compile thank you the screen color is way off from the building version but it at least loaded

THANK YOU!

zeos101

is it possible the color is messed up because I am using the emu that came with nes maker?

In edit pixel mode the color is spot on

dale_coop

Staff member
Hi Zeos101 and welcome
To begin, I strongly suggest you to watch the videos in the Code section, you will learn how it works and how to make (and compile) your first game. It’s very important to watch them, else you will have a lot of issues.

Then, about your errors when Export & Run, copy / paste the errors that are in the command line window (the black one), or make a screenshot. We need to know what are the errors.

We all started with mistakes and errors, don’t worry and keep going! We can help you

chronosv2

As for the color issue, all TVs/Emulators are different. The NES isn't 100% specific on the palette the device must use so every one is a little different.
I have comparison images here: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=7943#p7943

Dirk

Is it a major difference? Maybe you've changed one of your palettes unknowingly. It has happened to me from time to time, but I suppose you would notice it when viewing your levels.
It wouldn't hurt to double check though.

cargo

spam bots yandex
Forgetting to set the right palette at the "Scren Info" is also a common mistake (for me at least).

zeos101

Thank you all so much for the info I just closed and re started nes maker and boom perfect color.

Will keep in mind about the screen shots time to install snip

Top Bottom