Hole in the middle of my hero

zeos101

I followd the video used the included hero / player sprite but there us a hole in the middle of the charter see pics

Any idea how to correct this issue?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    191.2 KB · Views: 3,523
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 3,523
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    138.1 KB · Views: 3,523

dale_coop

Staff member
All your animations are correct?
And how about your "object details"? The animation types are set correctly?

dale_coop

Staff member
Don't know how you set up your animation types...
If your player is, in fact, using the walking animation (depending how you set your animation types). And if you didn't set correctly your walking animation.
So is the reason I am asking how are your other animations.

How did you make your tileset? directly in the Pixel Editor? (or in another image editor?) check that the dimensions of your GameObjectTiles.bmp file is 128x64px.

zeos101

The tiles came from the beta graphics folder in nes maker so per made.

All I have is idol up down left and right. May be an issue with copy and paste frame as I can't seem to get that working

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok I see your problem.
Your GameObjectTiles.bmp doesn’t have the correct dimensions.
So what you need to do is: use the selection tool, select all this graphics. Copy it (CTRL+C).
Make go to the menu « pixel editor > new > Game object tileset », move your mouse cursor to the top left corner of the tileset and paste (CTRL + V).
Then save the file in your folder with the name GameObjectTiles.bmp, replacing the existing one.

zeos101

I am happy to give it a try just sad since the graphics came from the original software inn the beta graphics folder

Thank u for the heads up

dale_coop

Staff member
I understand....
In fact, the tutorial video about the beta graphics file you used is here (from the beta version):
https://youtu.be/M8rtvL_Pv3A

zeos101

I gave your idea a shop and now I can not see the bottom half of the hero. I am going to try jsut a solid color as the sprite from a blank canvas and see what happens. any suggestions? this is well more than frustrating

zeos101

I make a hero on the game objects only 4 white squares all animations idol up down left and right all the same and still not showing all of it in game

Pics included. Do I just need to give up and start over this is crazy its a simple 1 color and still will not display correctly

The pic did not catch up but it is white in an 8x4 area on the second pic

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    199.4 KB · Views: 5,046
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    179.8 KB · Views: 5,046
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    366.1 KB · Views: 5,046

dale_coop

Staff member
I think the dimensions of your tileset are not correct!
Please watch the tutorial video I linked in my previous message.

You need to make a “game object tileset” (all the tieleset types have different dimensions). From the menu “pixel editor > new >...”

zeos101

I understand what you're saying but I started fresh from the untouched tile set in the root folder. What should the default size be?

zeos101

Okay sorry about that I miss the video when the last post I just watched it I have an idea of what you're talking about so I'm going to give it a try I will report back thank you

zeos101

Credit where credit is due your spot on it's my mistake for starting off on the adventure tutorial video I was well behind the curve on learning exactly what and how to do things in this program but that worked a champ thank you so very much for your help

dale_coop

Staff member
Glad you fixed your issue :)

Yeah a lack of informations in the last tutorial videos... (because it has already be explained in previous ones :p)

I can understand the frustration.

Top Bottom