Warp tiles stop working

Retrobuster

Hey all,

Been working through the tutorial and I'm stuck at the point where you use the key to unlock the door. Everything works fine up to a certain point: I pick up the key, unlock the door, warp through to the next screen where I pick up the Magic projectile, walk back through the previously locked door, warp back to the room where the door was initially locked, BUT if I go to walk back to the room that had the Magic item in it I no longer warp. The correct "open door" tile is displayed but it's no longer functioning as a warp tile. Both rooms are set as different screen types - not sure if that would even cause this issue, I'm new to all of this - and the warp settings all would appear to be correct since they work initially. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

dale_coop

Staff member
Retrobuster said:
Hey all,

Been working through the tutorial and I'm stuck at the point where you use the key to unlock the door. Everything works fine up to a certain point: I pick up the key, unlock the door, warp through to the next screen where I pick up the Magic projectile, walk back through the previously locked door, warp back to the room where the door was initially locked, BUT if I go to walk back to the room that had the Magic item in it I no longer warp. The correct "open door" tile is displayed but it's no longer functioning as a warp tile. Both rooms are set as different screen types - not sure if that would even cause this issue, I'm new to all of this - and the warp settings all would appear to be correct since they work initially. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

You could try to modify your "System\Handle_CheckForTriggers.asm" script, around line 41,
Code:
	ChangeTile #$00, underSecret
to:
Code:
	ChangeTile #$02, underSecret

Retrobuster

I THINK I already did that. If I remember correctly, this was the part of the tutorial where Joe was having a couple of issues and had to mess with the code and this was part of that. I could be mistaken about that though. Will check when I get home from work. Thanks!

My issue I'm am having is setting up the Warp tiles. I followed the tutorial and it's not working is it done differently if you want to stay on overworld and work to a screen directly above another?.

I am also having problems with warp tiles, no matter what I set the "warp out to" screen as, it always goes to the same screen.

dale_coop

Staff member
Exact, here's a fix for the warp tiles:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=10494#p10494

Top Bottom