Winning

Rob Burrito

after running through the tutorial (figured i better catch up before the new one is released)

trying to do a win game through NPC/end of text action/win game it seems the current NPC win code doesn't allow for the text box to be read and jumps right to the win screen. also the win screen seems to retain the HUD items. was trying to figure out how and where to put that skipdrawingiteminhud command as an if game state was the winscreen but couldn't quite get there, and ended up breaking my game trying to fix it myself in the code. figured it would be added into the adventure predraw script, probably easy for someone who knows the code side of this! also couldn't find the restart game input code to jump back from the winscreen. went into the earlier 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 and couldn't find them included there either, trying to open the beta ones from within NESmaker (where i know they were) resulted in a critical error when trying to activate their license.

on the fun side of things it was a treat to have an NPC appear the same but in a different screen state say a different phrase. i did notice that after the text box erases, it returns the tileset to the untriggered tileset (open door became a closed door again, gif inlc below). not a huge issue, just wondering it that was intended, or caught something that might have been missed. npc dialogue.gif

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes - one of the quirks. The collision will still be correct, but currently the write of the nametable tiles will pull from the original ROM data.

Love the verbiage here though! haha

Top Bottom