Getting lost doing monster lockable tiles on the youtube tutorial

cargo

spam bots yandex
Hello nesmakers:

I am newcomer to NESMaker (starting from 4.0.11). I am trying to follow the "wedNESday: NESmaker Adventure Game Tutorial" and I am stuck around the part where Joe Granato tries to explain monster lockable tiles:

https://youtu.be/wH6G296onhs?t=2h4m42s

Unlike in the video in 4.0.11 (or at least in my project) the monster lockable tiles disappear and work correctly (show the underslash tile and the player can leave the room). Just like in the video if I return to the room the lockable tiles reappear and the player character is stuck on top of the lockable tiles. On the video Joe goes on a quiet tangent changing code in "Handle_CheckForMonsters.asm". Supposedly everything works fine for him after a few minutes. I guess I am supposed to follow his lead and make the same changes but my ASM file looks different from his. His changes don't apply to this function as it is in 4.0.11. As a result I am stuck and can't continue the tutorial. I searched the forums but didn't find anything on this particular issue.

If anyone can help me out I would sure appreciate it.

dale_coop

Staff member
I have the exact same problem... I put several monster lock tiles... they disappears all, but when come back to the room, one remains (just the graphics, the data collision is ok: walkable). So don't worry... it might be fixed in a next version.

But if someone have a fix, it would be nice <3

cargo

spam bots yandex
Thanks for the reply dale_coop. In my case I am using two lockable tiles (same as in the tutorial). They both disappear when I kill the monsters. Have you tried re-drawing the tiles on your underworld map? I might be wrong but I noticed if I made changes to a tile's properties then those would not carry over to those screens were I had previously used them.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes, if you make modifications on tile after having put some on your screen. It doesn't automatically update those. You need to re-put (repaint) them.

cargo

spam bots yandex
I found that if I left the "Day - triggered" state clear of monsters then the lockable tiles would work properly.

Top Bottom