Endless Text Loop

SeaFoodAndButter

In my first level stage (level 1-1-) have made a few NPC with dialogues and such. However, the last NPC I made in my first level, for some reason, has an endless text loop. I don't know why. Once I open the dialogue with him, the text keeps looping and I cannot get out of the conversation!

I made a video and posted the youtube link here so you can see. You will see the first few dialogues work correctly. BUt the last one goes into an endless loop that I cannot end unless I close my emulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDg5Jn2noXg&feature=youtu.be

Bucket Mouse

You wrote something that was over 256 characters long. If the text is over 256, that happens.

These graphics get more amazing every time you show them. I'm envious.

SeaFoodAndButter

Bucket Mouse said:
You wrote something that was over 256 characters long. If the text is over 256, that happens.

These graphics get more amazing every time you show them. I'm envious.

So, I did some testing and I see what you mean. I edited the dialogue on my 3rd character and got the loop to go away. However, I noticed the 256 is not actually in relation to each single dialogue. It seems to me that the 256 is not pertaining to one dialogue. It seems like this 256 is pertaining to multiple dialogues.

My Question: What is the 256 character dialogue limit referencing? Connected dialogues on certain screens? It seems to me that this is what is happening, but I'm not sure.

PS Thank you for your comment about my graphics. I have been slowly trying to improve them. I decided to slow down and just make tiny improvements here and there instead of rushing my game. So, basically, I'm upgrading my graphics little by little. Thank you for noticing!

Top Bottom