problem with creating monsters, and npc´s! (and color)

Here is the link to the wedNESday tutorial for making an Adventure game. Done something cool with it? Modified it in some way? Want to ask the community about creating additional features for it? Post things Adventure Module here!
ekspain

problem with creating monsters, and npc´s! (and color)

Post by ekspain » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi folks!

so Im relatively new here! I live in Spain, but Im from the States. I´ve been at it really slow.
Basically the problem is, if I change the color of a monster, or NPC, it becomes global, and affects the player too. Not too mention, I had intended to create
2 monsters and an NPC, and it seems Ive lost one of my npcs, and the initial monster I created..... well everything is the same color! Not sure if Im expressing myself clearly. I´m not much used to writing in English anymore LOL.

Any help, greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you,
dale_coop

Re: problem with creating monsters, and npc´s! (and color)

Post by dale_coop » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:20 am

In fact, when you design them, you need to assign different "Palettes" to your monsters/objects... than the ones your assigned to your "Player".
At the left of the Monster (or object) dialog:

Note: And when you use them on a screen, you need to assign the "Day Monsters Palettes" in the "Screen Infos"
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
dale_coop

Re: problem with creating monsters, and npc´s! (and color)

Post by dale_coop » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:37 am

My note, on the last post is the key ;)

-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)