Only First Frame of Walking Animation

Retrobuster

Hey all,

I'm sure this is something stupid that I'm doing wrong, but for some reason my walking animation is only showing the first frame of my 2 frame walk animation. I've got it set to Action Step 1, the animation speed is 3 and I haven't changed anything else. Can anyone tell me what dumb thing I've overlooked that is causing the other frame not to show? Thank you in advance.

ZeGGamer1

I noticed that changes don't always apply when you make them. If it is a player walking animation, make sure that all of the necessary requirements for animation are met and follow the tutorial video again just to be sure.

dale_coop

Staff member
Have you assigned correctly your walking left/right animations to the animation type « walk »?
Have you assigned the changeToWalkingAnimation script in the Input Editor?

dale_coop

Staff member
Need to check all form the beginning:
- Check in your Input Editor, that the "ChangeToWalkingAnimation.asm" script is set to "press" for both directions and "ChangeToIdleAnimation.asm" to "release" for both directions.
- Check again your player animations for both directions.
- Check again your animation types in the Object Details, first tab, ... the walking-left and the walking-right are assigned to the "Walk" type, correctly.
- Check again your action step 1 uses the "Walk" animation type.

You might have missed something
(don't hesitate to share screenshots, if needed)

Top Bottom