Zoomers crawling along?

cbmeeks

Hello all. First time poster. I plan on doing a full introduction later. In the meantime, I’d like to work on a Metroid type game. In Metroid, there are monsters that crawl along the floor, wall and ceiling.

Is this effect possible without resorting to tons of asm?

I’m a 6502 coder by hobby but love the “no programming” of NESmaker.

I haven’t purchased a key yet but will be doing so very soon.

Thanks!

Mugi

propably requires a little bit but should't be that much.

by design, there's a monster behavior called move L R, and a monster behavior called move U D
you can assign each to an action state of a monster...

so for example set your monsters action state to 0 and make it go L R (it starts from the floor)
then make a new action state that is 1 and make it U D

now, in the monster details there's a field called "solid object reaction"
by default, this is set to "reverse direction" but the field is defineable.

all you would have to do is create a monster reaction that changes it's object state from 0 to 1, which is move U D, and it SHOULD start going up the wall once it reaches a solid object.
same applies to going on the ceiling, change it back to state 0 which is move L R.

this is a bit oversimplified as you might run into some situations with gravity, but i can't imagine it's not doable.

CutterCross

Mugi said:
propably requires a little bit but should't be that much.

by design, there's a monster behavior called move L R, and a monster behavior called move U D
you can assign each to an action state of a monster...

so for example set your monsters action state to 0 and make it go L R (it starts from the floor)
then make a new action state that is 1 and make it U D

now, in the monster details there's a field called "solid object reaction"
by default, this is set to "reverse direction" but the field is defineable.

all you would have to do is create a monster reaction that changes it's object state from 0 to 1, which is move U D, and it SHOULD start going up the wall once it reaches a solid object.
same applies to going on the ceiling, change it back to state 0 which is move L R.

this is a bit oversimplified as you might run into some situations with gravity, but i can't imagine it's not doable.

It should also be noted that the Ignore Gravity flag in the Platformer module disables ALL vertical movement, so the Move U-D action won't actually work in that case.

Top Bottom